August 29, 2008

Lunch with a good friend

So ever since I left the good ol' Utah Symphony & Opera I've tried to keep up with one of my VERY good friends Jared. I had the great pleasure of working with him for 3 1/2 years. We didn't start off that well when I was just a ticket taker, but by the time I left I must admit the only thing I hated leaving behind was him. At first I never really liked Jared because I thought he was cranky and mean. I guess one day I decided to joke around with him and found that it was the way to his heart. We've been friends ever since. I try to go to lunch with him every break I have from school. I love these lunches and really look forward to them. Today was no exception. We met up today at 2pm and chatted until around 4:45pm. I love that we are able to talk about anything and there is never a dull moment. We laugh and make fun of people as much as we can and its fantastic!!! I think that I only have about 3 friends that I think I could really sit down and talk for 3 hours with.....and yes Megan you're one of them.
It always seems to happen that once you don't share experiences with someone anymore all you can ever talk about is what you once shared. Example: When my friends from high school get together all we seem to talk about is the stupid stuff we did when we were in high school. We never seem to form any new connections or bond over our lives now. I hate that. I'm glad that Jared and I don't fit into that rut and are able to talk and move forward.
Thanks Jared for a great lunch and I can't wait until our next one!!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Well I hope I don't fall under the category of no connections or bonds except for highschool you silly bitch! You better believe I'll always be your number one BFF, even if I have to beat Jared down for the spot.