Well its official!!! After almost 5 years of marriage we are going to have a baby!!! We couldn't be more thrilled. I found out the morning of January 6th that I was pregnant and I just balled!!! We had been trying only for 3 months, I guess 3rd times the charm. The first person I told was actually the doctor at my work. I was scheduled to do a scaling on a patient that needed nitrous, and it can cause spontaneous abortions in pregnant women.....thus the problem. Well at least the 2nd person I told was Chris!! Later that night Chris and I had talked about going to dinner. I wanted to tell him at question mountain. Question mountain is where we used to go when we were dating, its the top of suncrest at this little park that over looks the entire valley. We would hang out up there and just get to know eachother when we were first dating, and it is also where Chris proposed to me. So I was trying to get him to go in my car....but he needed to put a new battery in his so we had to take his car. Then I had to convince him to let me drive....sheesh!!! You'd think I was pulling teeth! So it didn't take him long to figure out that we weren't on our way to dinner. He kept asking a million times where we were going, but I just kept driving. I thought for sure that he'd figure it out once we started going up the mountain, but he didn't. It was snowing pretty good and he was getting pissed because his car isn't the best and his brakes needed to be fixed. So the higher we went the more angry he got. Finally I pulled over and started to cry because he was being a real butt head. Then all sad I said " I wanted to tell you that you are going to be a father" Well that made him feel bad. He hugged me and then made me change positions with him. I had gotten him a little gift to open, but we waited till we were at the bottom to open it. It was a little blanket, onesie and nightgown for the baby.
We had always wanted to wait to tell anyone about the pregnancy until we were sure that everything was going to be okay......including our parents!!!! On Feb 12th we had our first doctors appointment. I was so scared. I had started spotting the day before and was worried that I might be having a miscarriage. The doctor did his exam and said that my uterus is tipped backwards (I'm sure you all wanted to know) so it might make it hard to see the baby. So we did an ultrasound and it came up empty so he decided to do an internal one......and there he/she was!!!! The nurse zoomed in on the baby and we could finally see the little heart beating like crazy!!!! It was the best feeling in the entire world to know that my little baby was alive a well. The Doctor admitted that he was a little worried at first but after seeing that he/she was all right he said that my chances of miscarriage dropped to 1-2% and that if he was a betting man that we would have a cute little baby!!!! I was balling when I saw that little heart beat!!! It was truly one of the best moments of my life. So I'm now officially 10 weeks along and due date is September 12th 2010!!!
February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
I had a feeling that you were going to get pregnant this year! We are so excited for you! That little heart beating is the greatest feeling in the world! And I am excited that Conner will get a little cousin to play with! YEAH!!!!
Oh my gosh!!! That is so incredible. I really respect that you had the guts to wait to tell everyone. I HOPE I can be that patient one day.
You will absolutely have the CUTEST
baby ever, ever, EVER!!!
Congratulations. I am so excited for you.
We are so excited to meet little Baby Featherstone! We are lucky to have you as such good friends. Let us know if you need anything!
Courtney! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! I'm not even jealous, just happy! :) You and Chris will be fun and loving parents. I hope you're feeling well. I am just thrilled for you!
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! Being a mommy is the best thing in the world. You will be a wonderful mom. Good luck with everything. It is such an exciting time in life. I miss you!
This is a cute story! Haha..I've tried to do cute things like that with Sean and he was being lame too! I thought I was the only hopeless romantic :) Congrats again! You're going to be a great mommy!
Yay! Courtney, that is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys! Good luck with everything!
Wahoo! Congrats!!
Yay! Thats so exciting! How have you been feeling?
OK, I'm really mad at my blogger feed because I swear I've put you guys in TWICE, and I still never saw this post come up. AND, it's like the most important post of the month! I am SOOOO excited for you Courtney!!! I have to laugh at your story about driving up the mountain, because that totally sounds like something that would happen to us. You are going to be such an awesome momma, and I am glad that you are willing to write details, because the details make it that much more fun!!!
Hope you are feeling ok.
TTYL!
Congrats!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm so THRILLED for you guys. Being a parent is the most rewarding thing you will ever do in your while life, HONEST!
i can't wait to hear what your having and see this cute littlle baby's face :)
CONGRATS AGAIN!
Wow, congratulations!! I'm really happy for you guys. I hope you're feeling good! And you've already experienced the joy of the internal ultrasound. Ah, what we won't do to get these kids here safely, huh?! I'm glad everything looks good so far and I hope it continues that way. Congrats and good luck! (It's me, your cousin Cindy, by the way...)
p.s. loved the story of how you told Chris!
Courtney!!!! Congratulations!!!! I am SOOO excited for you!!! You are going to be a great mom! Miss you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! You are going to be the best mom ever!! You'll have to put up some cute prego pictures soon:)
Post a Comment