So it's that time of year again for Utah's truck driving championship. Since my dad has won his division 2 years in a row....again... he had to pick a new division. He drove flatbed this year. So he was the very LAST driver out of every division to go. We had to wait ALL day for him to drive. He did FANTASTIC!!! I'm so proud of him. There are six problems the drivers have to maneuver their trucks through and they get points depending on how well they do. The max is 50. He scored on every problem except the last one and scored his best score ever!!! So then we had to sit around for about an hour until the scores were complete. There is a winner in each division and my daddy won his division again this year!!!!
The top three in flatbed division....dad is in the middle
Then at the end of announcing all the winners they do what is called a GRAND CHAMPION, which is the driver out of the entire group that scored the overall best, from the test, interview, pre-trip, and course. My daddy is the GRAND CHAMPION for UTAH!!!! I believe one of his first years he was 2nd runner up for grand champion, but has never gotten the big one. This year he did it! He works so hard throughout the year and puts so much time into it. He more than deserved it this year!!! CONGRATS dad! I'm so proud of you and love you so much. Good luck at nationals this year, we're all rooting for you.
My dad and the 2nd place grand champion Randy. They work together for YRC (yellow-roadway corporation. They're great friends and get to go to nationals together.



4 comments:
Great Job Uncle!
Hi Courtney! (It's me, your cousin Cindy, by the way...) Cute blog! I saw the address on facebook and thought I would check it out. A huge congrats to you on passing your boards and being licensed now! Good luck with the job hunt! And tell your dad nice work on winning the truck driving thing. Take care and enjoy your summer!
Hey Courtney! I just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog about my being fired! You are so sweet, and I really appreciate your support. You are darling, and I hope you find a job soon too! Best of luck and thanks again for being a good friend.
I didn't even know he did that. Way to go Ron!
Post a Comment