July 19, 2008

Dental materials fun...

Part of my Dental Materials class is that we have to make these cast models of one of the students teeth. This may seem like a pointless thing to do and I can happily assure you that you are right. This is just one of those pointless stupid things that they make you do in school. You first take an impression and fill it with stone. Let it sit, then make a big stone base and stick your impression in that. Then you have to sand it down until it's flat and smooth. Then you have to cut these angles at certain degrees, round the edges, fill in the holes with more stone, and then sand it down more. I know everyone is thinking....wow I wish I knew how to do this....Courtney please tell me more!!! Well I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for you on how mind numbingly dull it is, so one day I hope that you will experience this treasured past time for yourselves.


Finished product!!! It only took like 6 hours to do....such a good use of time.

I accidentally chipped the front tooth on one of the grinding machines....oops!!! At least I wasn't the only one.

1 comment:

Amber said...

It looks beautiful Courtney, could I have it for Christmas?