For mother's day this year I got us (Chris, me, my brother Justin, and my mom) tickets to go see Classical Mystery Tour at Deer Valley, put on by the Utah Symphony. This is an impersonation group of the Beatles. When I worked for the symphony I took my mom to it about two years ago when they were on our program for the year. She loves the Beatles and anything that has to do with them.....so I knew she would just love to experience it again. Now if you know my mother it would not surprise you that while growing up I was quizzed on such "important" events such as "Do you know who's birthday it is today?" and "What is the historical significance of today." All answers had SOMETHING to do with the Beatles. Because of dear old mom I am sadly thankful to know that February 25th is George Harrisons birthday and John Lennon was shot on December 8th outside of the Dakota. How many people go to New York and the highlight of their trip is to see the Imagine stone and stand where John Lennon died......Oh I know!!!! Who is Jeannie Poore? Correct!!!!
Well all making fun aside we had an enjoyable time sitting in the down pouring rain with no umbrellas, listening to "The Beatles" play their hit songs and watch drunk "flower" children dance like they've never danced before. I believe the highlight of the evening was when the drunk old man next to us decided to get up and dance, slip on the rainy slope and spill his wine over the people around him. Or it could have been the large women in front of us who decided to swing her @$$ in our faces. All in all we had a TON of laughs, got pneumonia, and saw drunk people make fools of themselves......What a great tribute to a legendary band.

Justin and my mom enjoying the torrential down pour

Chris and I not being able to feel our toes
1 comment:
haha I can't believe you got rained on! But it sounded like an eventful night!
Post a Comment