So i started back to school on September 2nd. The past two weeks have been pretty stressful and full of headaches. I have come to the conclusion that they are trying to kill us. Our schedule is unbelievable and on top of that they are expecting us to study for boards!!! I can barely stay on top of the class homework let alone find extra milliseconds to study for boards. We are having a mock board test on November 14th and I have no idea how I'm going to be prepared. Last year only 1 person passed the mock test......so I guess I don't really have high hopes.
I think that the only thing that is keeping me going is patient treatment. I seriously love it!!! It's really fun to work on periodontaly involved patients and being able to educate them about their condition and also see their oral health improve. We will be seeing patients with severe periodontal disease this semester and next with extreme calculus deposits that probably have NEVER been removed. Yeah!!!
I also was able to give local anesthetic to a real patient this week. I'd say it went really well....except when he flinched and scared the crap out of me. I was giving an injection by his front teeth that basically goes right behind your nose. When we were working on eachother this shot was the one that hurt the worst. My poor patients eyes were watering...I felt soooo bad!!!
I know most of you are probably like what are these words she's saying....it's okay. If you don't know what periodontal disease is you probably don't have it which is a very good thing.
Any way now the health issues.......I started having a lot of problems with my contacts this past week and its been bugging me and giving me headaches. I decided that I needed to get some new glasses so i could wear my glasses in the class room. Well I went to the Dr. and he said that I have an eye infection.....GREAT!!! He gave me a prescription for some steroid eye drops and i need to use them for a month. I'm so sick of prescriptions, infections, hospitals, Doctors etc. AHHHH!!!! I seriously have NEVER had as much health issues as I've had this past year. I'm falling apart. I'll probably be dead by 30.
September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I hate perio. I have had patients flinch even before I stick them with a needle. Don't feel bad, patients are whimps.
Hi!
Hey cute friend! You will do so great on your boards! You are awesome- no worries there. I am so sorry about the eye infection! I hope it clears up quick for you!
Oh my gosh, scary! I would freak out if I had to give people shots. I am sure you do it all very well though. PS DON'T DIE!
Courtney. You can't die before you're thirty. Who else will I hassle all the time?
Post a Comment