February 13, 2009

X-mas 2008


Well I'm home on a friday night doing nothing.....so I guess I'll update this thing. Well I guess I'll go all the way back to our x-mas. We had a great x-mas and got way more stuff than we need.
Before x-mas we have the annual Stratford party. This is Chris's mom's side where she is one of 11 children. There are I believe over 40 grandchildren and you get this family all in one house and it is complete confusion!!! The age span between the oldest grandchild and youngest is about 30 years. Well they do a gift exchange and it is wrapping paper, screaming, laughing and children running around. This is the first year that I've actually been in the room to witness this mass destruction and I am thoroughly surprised that I made it out alive.

Chris and I have always spent x-mas morning with just us and the girls. We open presents, have breakfast and just lounge around until we have to do the whole run around all day thing which I hate. We had my mom over for breakfast this year and as tradition I made Flanchy's, the dutch version of crepes. I've been having those for breakfast for as long as I remember on x-mas morning. So then we got dressed and headed over to Chris's parents house. We spent a couple of hours over there and then we headed over to my Aunt's house to hang out with my mom and her side of the family. After we went over to my dad's. Usually we have my G-ma's on x-mas too but luckily they moved that to the day after x-mas. I really have grown to hate x-mas. It's never been a holiday that you can relax and just enjoy the day. Those of you with divorced parents probably know what I'm talking about...then chuck in the in-laws and g-parents and you've got a three ring circus. One of these years x-mas will be different and we'll only go to like one house. Everyone will come to us!!! Ohh I like it!!
Well at my dad's house it has come a tradition to play a game at night with my family. This year we played a game called curses. It seriously is soooo funny!!! I highly recommend it to anyone. My dad hated it because he had to talk through his teeth, clap his hands and say "attention class" and then cluck like a duck!!! I almost peed my pants.
The day after x-mas we decided to go fast kart racing. It was really fun! It's fun to drive a little kart and try to pass people. I did really good for my first time...watch out nascar here we come!!! I day dream about being a nascar driver....Breast cancer awareness would be my sponsor and my car would be pink! It would be pretty pimp. Later that night we hung out with my grandma, aunts and uncles and cousins. My dad's sister was up from Arizona with her family and its been the first time we've all been together for a while. It was good to see them.
So that was pretty much our x-mas!!!

No comments: