October 20, 2008

Congrats Dad!!!

My dad has been chosen as a finalist for America's Road Team!!!! For those of you who don't know, the road team is a group of elite drivers who get sent all over the country and give educational talks etc. The process of getting in is very competitive. My dad has been asked for the past two years to apply. Big wigs in his company have written him extraordinary letters of recommendation and he had to send in an audition video along with a resume type thing. Last year my dad didn't get it, but this year they decided to fly him out to Washington D.C. for the finals. I'm so proud of him!!! I love that he loves his job and goes the extra mile to continually improve. He is a great example of persistence and to always continue to strive for things in your profession. I love seeing him finally getting recognition for his many years of hard work. Good job dad, you're a great example to me and I know that you'll do GREAT!!!! Love ya!

1 comment:

The Larchars said...

Oh my gosh, Courtney- I am in a study lab right now (waiting for my husband to finish school so I'm not at home by myself again) and I cannot for the life of me stop laughing when I should be QUIET!!! I'm sorry, i don't mean to laugh at your pain for not being able to have a child, but you are such a joy to read... the way you write! HILARIOUS!!!! So I'm about to pee my pants. BEst of luck to ya.... hang in there, that day will come soon enough I'm sure! :-)