There are certain songs that spark memories for me. All coming back to me now by Celine Dion reminds me of this boy that I had a major crush on in elementary school. I don't remember why...it just does. This I promise you by N*SYNC reminds me of my first boyfriend. I was 16 and I wanted it to be our song. He wanted a song by Mandy Moore...I think it was I want to be with you. Someday I'll fly away reminds me of my house on 17th (the house I grew up in). I used to sing that song over and over while painting it to sell. I hate that house. You belong to me, version by Lifehouse is Chris and my song because he used to sing it to me when we were dating. Every time he sings it, he melts my heart. It was our first dance song and he sang it to me then......hmmm he's so sexy sometimes. Anyways back to the topic. I love how a song can come on and instantly I'm back to a different time in my life....good or bad. I love being captivated by music.
One of my all time favorite movies is Meet Joe Black. I love the story, but I love the music even more. I don't think I've ever seen a movie where the music captures the emotions of the characters better than they do. I love the ending. Everything is coming together and the music captures everthing. I cry almost everytime I listen to it. It seriously gives me goose bumps. I love to listen to it whenever I'm stressed or feel like I need a good emotional check (which I haven't really needed lately, I've been such a baby). I've included the link to you tube, and I recommend you listening to it. If you haven't seen the movie, the music says it all. Listen and let me know what you think. Be warned it is 10 minutes long, but even if you can only listen to part of it, it's definatley worth it.
Let me know what songs you love and what memories they conjure up!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4huZYzOD8Q&feature=related
October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment