June 29, 2008

Cats + Water = Pain

Our two kitties (Jasmine & Cairo) have been shedding like crazy this year!!! Chris and I decided that we have had enough and decided to give them a bath today. We started off with Cairo. She screamed like I've never heard her before. She was wiggling all over the place. We were almost done and then she decided that she was done, bit me (which she's never done before) and ran off. My hand hurts like crazy and is really swollen. Next was Jasmine. I started chasing her around the house to try to pick her up, but she kept on hissing at me and running away. Needless to say I was scared. So I eventually got her, kept her an arms length away, and put her in the tub. After she was in she amazingly was okay. After we dried them off we continued to brush them while they were drying, trying to get as much hair as possible. We got a very gross amount, and more was still in the tub.
Was this an enjoyable experience? No.
Would I do this again? Probably not.
Should Chris hold them next time? Yes.
Am I still lovable with my mutated hand? Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Suzy Q said...

I don't think I have ever seen a hair ball quite as amazing. Nice wounds Court!

Amber said...

Rowdy hates water and won't let us give him a bath. We have to take him into PetsMart. Good Luck next time!